As a community ecologist with a passion for my field, I offer a variety of services from group lectures to individual consultations with homeowners and business.
LECTURE S ON
COMMUNITY ECOLOGY AND
Natural History of the Charlotte Area
Community Ecology of the Charlotte Area
Pollinators in Peril?
Gardening for Wildlife
Native and Invasive Plants
Using Native Plants in Landscaping
Symptoms of Climate Change
Do you need a speaker for your garden club or neighborhood association meeting?
Would your student group enjoy learning about native plants and their visitors? Pollinators, their needs and challenges? Wildlife in urban and suburban areas where they live? The plants and animals that share their schoolyard?
Would you like to gather a bunch of people together to learn more about pollinators, landscaping with native plants, why invasive plants are harmful, urban wildlife, or anything else related to the natural world?
Rates for talks, activities, and seminars vary according to audience andtime commitment. Educational discounts are available.
I can teach you about the organisms in your landscape and others you might like to include in it. I can help you increase the value of your property in terms of its biodiversity and sustainability while, most likely, decreasing the amount of maintenance needed.
Are you interested in registering your property as Certified Wildlife Habitat?
Want to join the Million Pollinator Garden Challenge or add your area to the Butterfly Highway?
Would you like to simply make your own little corner of the world a bit more ecologically friendly but don't know where to begin?
Suggested services include:
- Invasive plants in your yard identified and marked
- Customized list of native plants selected for your space, containing information such as plant sun and moisture needs, mature height, flower season and color, provisioning of food for wildlife
- Custom landscape design to show how many of which plants could go where
- Suggestions for landscaping for erosion control, soggy areas, places where grass doesn't grow, to reduce maintenance
- 30 minutes of consultation free; $60/hr
Would you like to make the landscaping of your business property more ecologically friendly?
Would you like your customers to know that you care about the environment and the future of our planet?
Would you like to reduce the amount of irrigation and other maintenance needed on your property?
Would you like to provide an area where your employees and customers can admire native plants and their visitors?
- I can show you ways to increase the "green" factor of your business.
- I can design a landscape plan for your property that will show your customers that you care about the environment and the future of our planet.
- I can design a landscape plan for your property that will reduce your maintenance costs.
- I can design a landscape that will be a joy to watch throughout the year, providing much needed relaxation for your employees and customers.